Last Updated on
Our hands are frequently used for doing different tasks. It can be lifting heavy objects, scratching the head, typing or carrying objects from one place to another. In simple, they take a beating every day and become too much stressed. A perfect way to reward your hand is by giving it a great massage that will make it feel relaxed and refreshed. The best time to do a hand massage is before going to bed.
In this guide, I will explain how to give a hand massage the right way. You can give yourself a massage or someone’s hand desperate for it after a hectic day at work.
Giving a Hand Massage [Guide]
To get rid of all the tiredness and soreness in hands at the end of a long day with aching knuckles and wrists here is a step-by-step guide to massage your hand and overcome the condition.
- Before starting the massage session, wash your hands with soap and rinse with lukewarm water. Try not to rub too much. Dry your hands with a towel.
- Now take massage oil which can be bought from the market or can be prepared at home. Add a few drops on your palm and rub your hands together. Rub in between the fingers and also on the wrists. You can also use essential oils if you don’t have massage oil.
- Now add another few drops and spread the oil over the hands and wrist with a gentle flowing upward motion. Using your right hand, slide it up from the fingers to the wrist and take it up to the elbow. Repeat the same process on your right hand as well. While massaging, apply a little pressure when your glide the fingers over the palm, wrist, and back of the hand. This technique is commonly termed as effleurage and helps to relax and prepare the person for massage. Continue the motion for 10-15 minutes.
- Now slide both the hands underneath the hand and use your thumbs on the wrist.
- Next push down gently and move your thumbs over the wrist in outward direction while making a circular With a little more pressure massage down the wrist to the knuckles and then back again. Continue this process for about 10-15 minutes.
- Now grab the hand and rest it in yours. Using the other hand, squeeze each finger between the thumb and forefinger. Try using circular motions to massage the fingers from base to the tips. Repeat the process thrice.
- Next, hold the hand with the palms facing upwards and start stroking it gently with your fingertips. Also use the heel of your hands or the knuckles and knead the palm in a circular This gives a very relaxing and rejuvenating sensation to the person receiving the massage. Repeat the process at least six times.
- Now squeeze the muscles below the thumb a couple of times and the muscles below the pinkie finger.
- Finally, flip the handover and run down your fingers towards the wrist and hand with a slightly more pressure.
- Repeat the process on both the hands and you are done with the perfect hand massage.
Massage guides for other body parts:
That’s all! I recommend that if you have a swelling, a fractured bone or any injury in hand, you should avoid the massage to avoid any further damage to the bones and muscles of the hand. Make sure to use massage or essential oils.